Since 1986, Detmar has been consistently ranked among the top 8 IS researchers.
- Detmar tied for the # 5 position among the most productive IS researchers in Clark and Warren’s (2006)
study of articles published in top IS journals over the period 2001-2006. Georgia State University was
listed as the top publishing school in research produced by faculty, and current and former doctoral students.
- Huang and Hsu (2005) studied articles published in ten top journals over the period 1999-2003 and
assessed Detmar to be # 8 among the top thirty most productive IS researchers.
Georgia State University was listed as the top publishing school.
- In a 2005 study of authors of articles appearing in the ten top Information Systems journals,
Huang and Hsu (2005) listed Detmar as # 8 among the top thirty most productive IS researchers
over the period 1999-2003. Georgia State University was listed as the top publishing school.
- According to Zhang and Li (2005), Detmar was ranked 4th (normal rank) and 6th (adjusted rank) [Table 31]
among Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) researchers over a 13 year period from 1990-2002.
- Detmar’s 2000 JAIS article with David Gefen ("Relative Importance of Perceived Ease of Use in IS Adoption:
A Study of E-Commerce Adoption," Vol. 1. Article 8)
was ranked the number 4 download in the one year period from September 2004 to August 2005.
According to Editor-in-Chief Kalle Lyntinnen,
the article received 1,212 downloads.
- Whitman and Woszczynski's 2004 study on "Exemplary Works of IS Research" listed Detmar
as author or co-author on three articles ranked #7, #22, and #27 of the total of 58 articles listed.
Chaired Professor Izak Benbasat of the University of British Columbia had four articles on the list.
Detmar was second among IS authors with his three listings. The three articles were:
Straub, Detmar W., "Validating Instruments in MIS Research," MIS Quarterly,
Vol. 13, No. 2 (June, 1989), 147-169.
Gefen, Straub, & Boudreau (2000)
Gefen, David, Detmar Straub and Marie Boudreau, "Structural Equation Modeling and Regression:
Guidelines for Research Practice," Communications of AIS, 7, 7 (August, 2000), 1-78.
Straub, Ang & Evaristo (1994)
Straub, Detmar W., Soon Ang and Roberto Evaristo, "Normative Standards for MIS Research," DATA BASE, Vol. 25, No. 1 (February, 1994), 21-34.
- A 1995 study (Trower, 1995) ranked Detmar no. 1 among the most prolific IS researchers for the years 1990-1994.
- In a 1991 study of authors of articles appearing in the top Information Systems journals, Remus (1991) ranked Detmar as the 4th most prolific IS researcher over the years 1986-1990.
- Harzing's "Publish or Perish" citation software application (http://www.harzing.com) reports
for D. Straub as of May 20, 2007.
Clark, Jan Guynes, and John Warren. (2006) “In Search of the Primary Suppliers of IS Research:
Who Are They and Where Did They Come From?”
Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS) (18), 296-328.
Huang, H.-H., and Hsu, J.S.-C.(2005). "An Evaluation of Publication Productivity
in Information Systems: 1999 to 2003,"Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS)
(15:Article 31, April) 2005, 555-564.
Remus, William (1991). "Articles Published in the Top Four MIS Journals: 1986-1990,"
MIS Interrupt, The Faculty of Management, University of Calgary, No. 50, 2-3.
Trower, Jonathan (1995). "Publications by Researchers and Institutions in the Two
Top IS Journals: 1990-1994," Proceedings of the AIS (Association for Information Systems) Conference,
Pittsburgh, PA, August, 1995, 23-25.
Whitman, Michael E. and Amy B. Woszczynski, "Exemplary Works in Information
Systems Research," In The Handbook of Information Systems Research
, M. E. Whitman and A. B. Woszczynski (Ed.),
Idea Group Publishing, Hershey, PA USA, 2004, 1-14.
Zhang, P., and Li, N.L. (2005). "The Intellectual
Development of Human-Computer Interaction Research:
A Critical Assessment of the MIS Literature (1990-2002)," JAIS, JAIS (6:11, November) 2005, 227-291.
© 2003 Detmar W. Straub. All rights reserved.
Developed by ray-zone.com